Salary: £33,000 to £38,000 p.a. pro rata negotiable depending on experience
Part-time or full-time applications welcome
A staffing re-structure and expansion resulted in the creation of this exciting and challenging permanent post to lead and manage the administration of Chambers.
Part-time and full-time applications are welcome. Part-time working is flexible and may be three days p/w or four or five shorter days. Full time hours of work are 9am to 6pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm Friday.
Working alongside the Head of Practice Management (HoPM) and the Finance Manager (FM) and directly responsible to the members of GCN Chambers, the Operations Manager will:
- Manage the overall administrative operation of GCN.
- Review, refine and deliver a range of business and strategic plans for GCN in order to ensure long-term sustainability and development.
- Build and maintain a strong and efficient team of administrative staff
- Extensive relevant experience in organisational administration.
- Experienced and effective team leader and team member.
- Imaginative, self-motivated and forward thinking.
- Strong ability to self-direct and self-manage.
- Preferably with experience in the legal sector.
Garden Court North Chambers is a barristers Chambers committed to the advancement of social justice through adherence to the rule of law and the promotion of fundamental rights.
We occupy modern spacious premises in Blackfriars House, a Bruntwood Works pioneer building offering a collaborative working space with a library and podcast room, a high-spec auditorium and a communal lounge and independent coffee shop.
We offer excellent working conditions in a friendly and modern environment; training opportunities; annual pay reviews; a contributory pension scheme; and 25 days’ paid annual holiday in addition to statutory bank holidays and any weekdays when Chambers is closed.
To apply for this role please upload a detailed covering letter and CV using the link below.
Informal discussion in strictest confidence by email or phone is welcome, please contact Kerry Smith by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0161 817 6377.
Closing date: 20/09/2021
Chambers operates an equal opportunities policy and is happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to demonstrate their suitability for the above position.