Salary: £30,000 p.a (pro rata) depending on experience - negotiable for more senior applicants
Full time or part-time applications welcome
Garden Court North Chambers is seeking a dynamic new staff member to manage the communications and promotional activities of Chambers, in particular through its website and social media platforms, but also by incorporating training and promotional events, and by developing media engagement.
Full time hours of work are 9am to 6pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm Friday. However, part-time or flexible working applications are welcome. Work outside of core hours may be required for events. There is scope for some remote / hybrid working.
The successful applicant will line-managed by and work closely with the Head of Practice Management (HoPM). It is essential though that they are self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- To establish and maintain a communications strategy and plan for Chambers, utilising the latest in digital communication methods.
- To manage the promotional activities of Chambers, its Practice Teams and individual members, by managing and developing:
- Its website and social media,
- Webinars, podcasts and other digital training methods,
- In-person training and promotional events.
- To assist the HoPM by promoting Chambers to professional clients.
- To manage the promotion of Chambers via the media.
- To manage and promote engagement with legal associations, charities and NGOs to further the ethos and business of Chambers.
- To promote Chambers and its members to relevant legal directories.
- To assist with the development and promotion of campaigns organised or joined by Chambers.
- To undertake internal communication work building a culture of engagement across Chambers
The individual will have:
- A clear understanding and commitment to the ethos of Chambers.
- Experience of developing and maintaining an organisational communications strategy.
- A strong technical understanding of website and social media platform management and content production.
- Experience of the use of a range of digital communications for promotion and development.
- The ability to draft clear, engaging copy and undertake editing, under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work both in a team and on own initiative, with creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise.
The successful applicant will be confident and articulate, and may have relevant experience in the NGO, international organisation, development or charity sector. A general understanding of the way the legal profession is organised and works will be helpful but not essential.
Garden Court North Chambers is a barristers Chambers committed to the advancement of social justice through adherence to the rule of law and the promotion of fundamental rights.
We occupy modern spacious premises in Blackfriars House, a Bruntwood Works pioneer building offering a collaborative working space with a library and podcast room, a high-spec auditorium and a communal lounge and independent coffee shop.
We offer excellent working conditions in a friendly and modern environment; training opportunities; annual pay reviews; a contributory pension scheme; and 25 days’ paid annual holiday in addition to statutory bank holidays and any weekdays when Chambers is closed.
To apply for this role please submit a detailed covering letter and CV using the link below
Informal discussion in strictest confidence by email or phone is welcome, please contact Natalie Wilkins at email@example.com or by telephone on 0161 817 6377.
Closing date: 06/09/2021
Chambers operates an equal opportunities policy and is happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to demonstrate their suitability for the above position.