Supreme Court strikes down Home Office’s back-door changes to immigration rules
18 July 2012
Garden Court North Chambers’ Lucy Mair has written an article for The Guardian discussing the Supreme Court’s decision in Alvi  UKSC 33, to strike down the Home Office’s back-door changes to immigration rules.
Below are some useful links to several of the sources of material referred to in Lucy’s Guardian article:
- The 19th June 2012 “debate” in Hansard;
- The 11th June 2012 session where Theresa May made her first statement to Parliament on the new family migration rules – that is the session where the MP asks Mrs May about the impact on low income communities that is referred to in Lucy’s article;
- UKBA’s Statement of Intent;
- UKBA’s Statement of Changes*; and
- ECHR Memorandum: Statement by the Home Office on Grounds of Compatibility with Article 8 of ECHR.
Lucy Mair is a barrister at Garden Court North Chambers.