The Discrimination Law Association (DLA) is holding its inaugural Manchester Practitioner Group Meeting at Garden Court North Chambers on 7th December 2017.
There will be a topical discussion of some of the most high profile discrimination issues which made their way into the news in 2017, including:
- The gender pay gap at the BBC;
- The lack of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) students being admitted to Oxford and Cambridge University;
- Sexual harassment in the acting world and our Parliament;
- The Lammy review, published on 8th September 2017, which dealt with the over-representation of BAME individuals in our criminal justice system; and
- The removal of employment fees/access to justice.
The discussion, which will be led by Chambers’ Sonia Birdee (a steering committee member of DLA) and Ben McCormack, will consider what the topics above involved and whether we have really made any progress in the last decade.
To book a place at the Meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is between 5.30pm and 6pm, with the discussion between 6pm and 7pm, which will be followed by festive drinks at 7pm.
When: 07 Dec 2017
Start time: 17:30
End time: 20:00