This pre-recorded webinar will be presented by Lucy Mair and hosted by MBL.
The webinar be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 26th February 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
You can book your place through MBL’s website
Many litigants in the First-tier Tribunal are vulnerable or sensitive witnesses by virtue of their age, poor mental or physical health and experiences of trauma.
This new webinar will consider best practices in representing vulnerable clients and ensuring they receive the fairest possible hearing.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What the Practice Direction and Joint Presidential Guidance Notes provide and how they can be best utilised
- Ground rules hearings and what types of accommodations can be sought in the giving of evidence by vulnerable clients
- The case of AM (Afghanistan) v Secretary of State for the Home Department including what is said about litigation friends
- How to apply for the appointment of a litigation friend
- What type of medical evidence should be adduced to support an application to treat a witness as vulnerable
- What we can learn from other jurisdictions and guidance
When: 26 Feb 2021
Start time: 12:30
End time: 13:30