- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Mark George QC, Garden Court North Chambers, 3rd Floor, Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2JA.
Garden Court North Chambers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Chambers Director, Garden Court North Chambers, 3rd Floor, Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2JA or by email email@example.com
Information that we collect
We collect information in two ways:
Information that you give us.
We will only gather this information where it is voluntarily provided by the website user through an online contact form or downloaded form. For example we may collect and process the following information about you including:
- Name and job title;
- Contact information including email address or telephone number; and
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
Information that we get from your use of our website.
We may collect information about the information or services you use and how you use them when you visit our website. This information includes:
- Log information / IP addresses We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type or details of how you used our service such as your search queries. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual; and
- Cookies A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we do with the information we collect
We may collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Responding to general enquiries received via the website;
- Processing enquiries related to recruitment, including pupillage;
- Collating feedback provided via the website, including that given on seminar feedback forms;
- Internal record keeping;
- Improving our services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails, including recent updates, newsletters, upcoming events and seminars, and or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us on the above address and we will correct or remove any information as requested.
If you choose to unsubscribe to a newsletter or email sent to you we will remove your details from our promotional database so that you do not receive any further promotional/marketing emails, but your information will remain on our main database. If you would like your information removing from our records completely please contact us and we will promptly do so.
Garden Court North Chambers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.