Jared Ficklin speaking at International Women's Day event
GCN's Jared Ficklin is speaking on the legal protection framework in relation to trafficking at a conference on "Modern Slavery, Women and Resistance" being held in Hull today to mark International Women's Day.
The conference is presented by Hull CLAC and other speakers include:
- Pam Kenworthy, Howells Solicitors
Topic: Impact that Legal Aid has on the Lives of Women
- Prof. David Richardson, Wilberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation.
Topic: Modern Slavery; A Historical Perspective
- Dr. Mick Wilkinson, University of Hull.
Topic: Who Will Protect the Unprotected? Trafficking and Sexual Slavery in the UK
- Jane Bell, Hull Domestic Abuse Partnership.
Topic: Working With Survivors of Abuse
- Georgina Betty Luciala, Hull City of Sanctuary and Unity in the Community.
Topic: City of Sanctuary
- Michelle Palmer, University of Hull.
Topic: Women and Abolition: Then and Now
Jared Ficklin has worked in immigration and asylum since 2004 in both the voluntary sector and private practice before being called to the Bar. He undertakes the full range of immigration hearings at all levels of the tribunal including entry clearance, PBS (Points Based System), asylum, deportation appeals, bail hearings and also advises on grounds for judicial review. Jared has a particular interest in cases involving human rights and civil liberties arguments and this includes issues such as trafficking and gender-based persecution.